You can also send a whisper to another player to start a private conversation.
Chat Tabs Edit
- Location: Chat with players near you
- Guild: Chat with players in your guild
- Nation: Chat with players in your nation
- Peers: Chat with players around the same level as your main
- Party: Chat with players in your party
- Squad: Chat with players in your squad
Click on the emoticon button to see all possible emoticons that can be used in text, as well as they text substitutions.
Chat Display Edit
The bottom chat window displays actual chat text for all of the selected chat tabs. This window can only be resized vertically, but not hidden. You can use the options check boxes to toggle which chats to see.
Notice Area Edit
The Notice Area is the window just above the chat window. This area displays notices of many kinds, and you can configure which you wish to see in the Notice options you can bring up by clicking the checkbox icon at the bottom right of the Notice Area.
- Rumors: notices of Resident NPCs selling items in specific towns.
- Item: items you and players in your party loot or receive
- Ind. Workload: personal and home crafting information
- Guild: guild related information, such as when players in the guild share monster info with each other
- Nation: nation related information