Dark King Arthur is one of two high level versions of the Knight mercenary. After the Knight's level 150 upgrade, you can decide whether to upgrade the Knight to Sage King Arthur or Dark King Arthur via the Mercenary Arthur Specialization Quest.
Dark King Arthur has followed the ruthless Path of Darkness. His fearsome visage terrifies enemies even as he cuts them down and seals their magic. In spite of his grim methods, he also fights to defend his allies and reduce their combo counts.
Dark King Arthur is one of the, if not the, best sword mercenary in the game. He deals high amounts of damage with Dark Legacy which also offers utility in preventing enemies from casting magic. He can also perform defensive duties as King's Command can stop an enemy row from using physical attacks and Guardian Sheath aids in combating stun.
One must remember, however, that Dark King Arthur remains one of the most expensive mercenaries in the entire game. While his skills do considerable damage (thanks to swords offering additional magic) to unlock his full potential one must be ready to greatly invest gold into his skills since Dark Legacy and Guardian Sheath cannot be raised with Atlas Ore.
(At level 140)
Basic Attack Edit
- After the Knight reaches level 140 and finishes his 130 upgrade, you can decide whether to upgrade the Knight to Sage King Arthur or Dark King Arthur.
- You can start the quest from NPC Arthur Pendragon near Edinburgh Mercenary Arthur Specialization) your main character must be at level 150
- At the end of the quest choose the item Crown of Darkness in order to upgrade Arthur to Dark King Arthur
|Dark King Arthur||140||None||950||370||530||580||3500||235|
|Dark King Arthur I||150||80 Soul Jewel of the Lake||1035||395||560||630||4130||235|
|Dark King Arthur II||160||80 Soul Jewel of the Lake||1230||470||675||755||4985||235|
Inflicts powerful damage on enemies and seals Magic attacks.
Reduces the Combo Count for King Arthur and his allies.
Seals the enemy's physical attacks.
Basic attacks have a chance to of unleashing Excalibur's power to damage all enemies (AoE).
- Type: Passive
- Always put Charms on Arthur.
- Don't forget that Sword weapons give you bonus magic skill levels (ex: Dark Crystal Sword gives you 47+ Magic Skill)
- Dark King Arthur highly benefits from items that boost Magic Damage (ex: Riederan's Evil Ring, High-Priest Vivian's Earrings).
- An alternate way to upgrade him is by using atlas ores. It took 240 Atlas Ore for each upgrades.