Notes On Patch Update [Aug. 26] Edit
- Aug. 26 2008
Dear Atlantica Players,
You will find these modifications made to Atlantica Online for this third round of the closed beta:
Free Leagues Edit
- Players’ previous Free Leagues information has been wiped.This is an opportunity for players to start anew in the Free Leagues.
- There will be 8 Free Leagues per day, one occurring every 3 hours (all times are Pacific Daylight Saving Time):
- 7-Mercenary Free Leagues (4 times per day): 12 a.m., 6 a.m., 12 p.m., 6 p.m.
- 9-Mercenary Free Leagues (4 times per day): 3 a.m., 9 a.m., 3 p.m., 9 p.m.
- In Free League competition, players’ attributes like physical strength and magic powers will be enhanced even if they are at a lower level, as compared to fighting monsters.
- A player can obtain three times more Experience points fighting in the Free Leagues than what he/she can earn fighting monsters.
- Th previous capacity limit based on the lower Level player no longer applies, there are now no capacity limits.
- The minimum level to participate in the Free Leagues has been changed to Level 20.
- Players cannot exchange mercenaries in the 7-Character league.
- The method in determining a player’s ranking in the Free Leagues has changed. It is now based on the following, in descending order of importance: Division, League points, win/loss percentage, total number of matches fought, Level, and Experience points. Example: If two players are in the same division and have the same number of League points, the player with the better win/loss percentage is ranked higher.
- If a player doesn’t participate in the Free Leagues for more than 3 days, he/she will fall back to the next lower division.
- The method in determining the initial division a player is placed in when he/she first starts in the Free Leagues has been adjusted. See the table below:
- Division 18 - Level 20 and above;
- Division 17 - Level 35 and above;
- Division 16 - Level 50 and above;
- Division 15 - Level 65 and above;
- Division 14 - Level 80 and above.
- There will be a new button displaying the Free Leagues’ starting times.
- Instead of declining at 7 minutes after a battle starts, player’s physical strength will start to decline after the 15th turn.
- The division of a player will be displayed next to the player’s character name.
- The effect of enchanted equipment will be less in Free League competition.
- Stamina points will not be deducted when players are in a tutorial region.
- A player can still obtain items and Experience points in battle even if his/her Stamina score is 0.
- When fighting in a party, all party members’ Stamina points will reduce.
- If fighting in a party of 2, each player will recover 1 Stamina point after every 2 battles. If fighting in a party of 3, each player will recover 2 Stamina points after every 3 battles. (This only applies to party members actually engaged in the battle.)
- If battling with a party, a player with no Stamina points can still obtain Experience points and loot.
- The minimum level for a player to register or accept a Challenge has been changed to Level 20.
- If a player at Level 50 and above fails to loot anything during a battle, he/she will obtain a gold coin bundle instead.
- The NPCs Jang Gun, Kim Han Duck, Mitsui, and Yim Sang Ok will purchase the gold coin bundle for its original price.
- The required materials for Savior’s Charm have been reduced.
- Players can purchase the Scroll of Mana Piercing, which reduces the Mana defense level of both your opponent and your own mercenaries, from the market for a set price.
- A new category of items has been created called Energy.And previous energy-similar items now fall under the Energy category.
- Against the boss in the Shogun Castle dungeon (which requires a key to enter), the drop ratio of equipment boxes has been increased.
- Quests that once gave Scroll Boxes as a reward now give out a Scroll of Vortex.In addition, the Scrolls of Silence, Nike, Confusion, and Darkness have been replaced by the Scroll of Vortex. The Scrolls of Reinforcement and Bewitching still remain.
- The defense ability and the physical power of Admirer of Shiba, a monster in Bran Castle, have been decreased.
- The vitality of the Guardians of Sea King’s Palace has been increased.
- Some monsters from the Forest of Spirits, Yellow River, the Sea King’s Palace, and Angkor Wat have had their physical strength increased.
- The damage caused by magic skills Chaos Wind, Break Down, and Evanescent Scud has been increased.
- The Mana consumption level for the Monk’s magic skills of Protect and Shield of Protection has been reduced.
- The accuracy of Wild Shot has been increased and the damage caused by this magic skill has been increased by a small amount.
- A player can obtain bonus Scrolls from a character not only from just Free League battles, but also other battles, Challenges, arenas, and sparring.
General Information Edit
- The Friends Referral system is now active in the game.
Enjoy Round 3!
The Atlantica Team