Weapon Categories Edit
- Melee: can attack front row enemies, cannot attack flyers
- Ranged: can attack enemies in most rows (see specific weapon type), cannot attack flyers (except cannon)
- Magic: can attack enemies in front row, can attack flyers
There are 11 types of weapons in Atlantica Online.
Each weapon has a different attack range:
- Armor Fist: Melee, can hit up to 2 consecutive enemies in a column, cannot attack flyers
- Axe: Melee, can hit up to 3 enemies consecutively (not across a gap) across a front row, but not flyers
- Bow: Ranged, can hit any single enemy, including flyers
- Cannon: Ranged, can hit up to 5 enemies in a cross pattern anywhere, but not flyers
- Gun: Ranged, can hit a full column (up to 3) of enemies, even non-consecutive ones (e.g. can fire across a gap in a column), including flyers
- Instrument: Ranged, can hit up to 2 consecutive enemies in a column (cannot fire across a gap in a column), including flyers
- Power Saw: Melee, can hit up to 3 enemies across a front row, cannot attack flyers
- Spear: Melee, can hit up to 2 consecutive enemies in a column, cannot attack flyers
- Staff: Magic, can hit a single enemy in a front row, including flyers
- Sword: Melee, can hit a single enemy in a front row, cannot attack flyers
- Dual Sword*: Melee, can hit up to 4 enemies in a cross pattern in a front row, including flyers
- Whip: Ranged, can hit up to 3 enemies consecutively (not across a gap) across any row, including flyers
Upgrading Weapons Edit
Also, every few levels, a new set of weapons (and other equipment) becomes available. See the Equipment Set page for available Equipment Sets. Compare the stats of all your options. Sometimes a +0 or +1 of a higher grade weapon is far better than a +2 or +3 of a lower grade.
On the other hand, sometimes the higher grade weapon is very expensive and you may choose to stick with what you have an skip a grade. Check the Market and in-game ads from other players for current prices. Also check with your guild and nation mates, they may have something to hand down to you for a good price.
A great thing about Atlantica Online is that most equipment is not 'bound' to your characters, but can be upgraded, freely resold (market, trade) or reused by other characters. If you just got a new mercenary who is several levels below the rest of your team, that mercenary may be able to use gear from another mercenary who is ready to upgrade gear.
Sockets and Star Stones Edit
Crafting and Repairing Weapons Edit
Legendary Weapons Edit
Legendary Weapons have special abilities and can be upgraded to +11.
Special Abilities Edit
Flying Enemies Edit
Characters with weapon types that cannot attack flyers can attack non-flying enemies in the same column of the formation, positioned behind the flying enemy (essentially they can walk under the flyer to attack behind it).